Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Found It !!!!!

Yes, its here, my little electric stove and many of the cooking implements.....dug it out of the basement, dusted her off and set her in my kitchen...I am so excited!!!




I spent many happy hours, cooking and baking.......had tea a hundred times a day......cooked oatmeal, baked cakes.......my mom would give me a portion of what she was cooking on the big stove such as a spoonful of peas or corn, and I even fried potatoes in the frying pan......yes, that's a set of Revere Ware on the stove!!!  The singing tea kettle lost its lid.....



And I did the same with my own daughter, gave her portions from the big stove and we cooked together....what fun that was, she loved baking the best, and of course, making tea!!! and those wonderful tea parties we had....

even found my little electric iron....in RED....of course....

7 comments:

NanE said...

THAT is amazing! I have never seen a little vintage stove like that, that actually worked! Wow, thank you for sharing, Nan

Anonymous said...

Wow.... great post. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

How sweet! I love it!

Ann said...

I'm sure you had such a lovely time. I had one but it never cooked anything throughly! It's such a cute addition to your kitchen. Ann

Sally Annie Magundy said...

That's the cutest thing ever and the sweetest story - tugged at my heart, hearing how it's been passed on and enjoyed, from mother to daughter and again ...

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, I love this, you are so LUCKY! I found the same little roasting pan at the antique store I photographed yesterday. It came with little muffin and cake pans, a set of 7 for $70.00 ... just think what the rest of what you have there might be worth!

Happy Rednesday,

Kathy

★Carol★ said...

I have a little stove that I think is exactly like yours! And I have little Revere pots and pans sitting on it too. I used to have it in the kitchen, but my kitchen is teeny tiny, so now it's downstairs. Several generations have played with it, and I remember actually burning myself with it when I was little!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol