Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter/Spring

We had snow yesterday and today......my daffodils were crying.......but inside Spring has sprung and Easter decor abounds!!!


This little dresser is in my dining room, and I have brought out my little suitcase for an Easter vignette.....my older brother was in the Navy when I was very little and he brought this darling suitcase to me from Italy where he was stationed.  It always held doll clothes, and someday I will show those to you, but today it holds a nest, sweet plate and little book from ME.......



The white rabbit is a gift from a dear friend.......later, will show you what I made for her.....



These are alabaster, marble and agate eggs I have collected since......oh, so long ago!!!




These little cuties are on my counter.....just to keep me company!!!




This is an antique apple bowl holding many kitchen implements and treasures....and some carrots for you know who!!!



These little chickies are circling a bowl of dried split peas on top of a pine cupboard also in the kitchen.....




This antique corner cupboard graces my front foyer and is probably my very favorite piece of furniture......from an old farmhouse in Penn., it was built right into the corner of the dining room.....


Wishing you a Blessed Easter and hope that Spring will soon be everywhere!!!   hugs....Cleo

7 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love the carrots in the container with the wood pieces. Love it!!

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hello, how nice all the details of Easter! I love the decorations you have created with them, especially the chick in the drawer! Greetings, Rose Marie

Kathleen said...

It is all adorable, and I , too, love the chick in the drawer!

Gina said...

I love your Easter decor! I love how everything is displayed in the suitcase...that's a super idea. The little chick hanging out in the drawer of your corner cupboard is a clever idea too.
Happy Easter to you!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

love your chicks. Your hutch is so pretty and I love how u opened up one drawer and have the chick in there!

Sue said...

Hi Cleo,
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today. I have enjoyed your Easter decor, and I love your pine cupboard. I can see why it's your favorite piece.
Happy Easter!
Sue

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, everything is just so cute. I love the bunnies and the chicks and the carrots, the little one in the drawer. I just love it all. So clever and so cute. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty