Friday, October 28, 2011

The many shades of aqua.....

I am joining the Cottage Colors Party at ECS, and this month the color is aqua.......

Aqua is one of my favorite old-timey color.....in the 50's my mom had an aqua kitchen with beige and melon accents.  There are many shades of aqua, and I love it paired with purple, pink or brown....here are a few of my pieces....




Various bottles and jars used for storage along with a milk glass sugar shaker and salt shaker in the quilted phlox pattern.









This is a transferware bowl, pitcher and razor box in teal, pattern name "Petunia"......the small pitcher in teal is the pattern "Jessica", love the little handle on this one.....




A one gallon storage jar, two apocathary jars, one with a repaired stopper, very clever, and a milk glass vase......thanks for stopping by......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cleo! Oh, you have some lovely olden jars and bottles in aqua! I remember aqua in a few kitchens when I was a little girl!
No, I didn't get to see the pigeon feeding. I would have loved to have seen that! :)
Isn't Venice the most special place?
Thanks for popping in to see me and have a great weekend,
Shelia ;)

Gina said...

You have such a pretty collection of aqua glass Cleo! I love the sugar & salt shakers...they are really a beautiful color & pattern.

Kat said...

Hi Cleo. What a lovely collection you have. Love the color aqua, it is my birthstone. You have a nice weekend.

ornamentsbypink said...

I love all your pieces! Pink and aqua are my favorite colors. I especially like the sugar and salt shakers. I posted too late for the etsy cottage blog to link to. I've been so busy with making ornaments and rearranging my studio haven't been on the blogs.
Have a nice weekend!
Mary