Saturday, September 29, 2012

Roasted Veggies

While visiting many, many, many blogs this week and enjoying every moment......wow, some talented and fun people out there.......anywho, one blogger had a recipe for roasted potatoes with BACON!!!  Now, I roast potatoes and other veggies all the time, never thought to add bacon...so, tonight I made this tasty dish with the bacon.....oh, yummy to the nth degree!!!

Now, I'm not much on recipes to be exact, so this is what I did...

3 potatoes, leave skins on and cut into narrow pieces
2 carrots, cut up
some Brussel sprouts,(after cleaning them, I cut a slit in the bottom about 1/4 up the sprout, then par boil them for just a bit, then drain)
5 slices of bacon cut up
Put everything in a bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt, dried parsley, paprika, and some grated parm cheese, mix well and spread on cookie sheet, place in oven at 425 for about 40 min......turning once or twice.  Now you can increase or decrease these amounts, this is what I had on hand.  You can also add whatever dried herbs you like, such as oregano, rosemary, etc.




 Can't believe I actually showed you the inside of my oven!!!  None the less, this dish was yummy with the addition of the bacon......I shaved more cheese over the top.  Served this with a pork roast and homemade apple sauce......Fall has arrived!!!

No comments: