Friday, December 14, 2012

A Winter Table

Okay, I gave in and bought something new for Christmas.....a mercury glass candle holder....the price was right and so ..... treated myself!!!  And it fit right in with  my aqua and brown tablescape that had been dancing around in my head for weeks now......I know, I'm slow to get started!!!

I used a mix of my fine Lenox china with some of my mom's china from long ago, and  laid it all out on a rich chocolate brown table cloth.  To highlight the center decorations, I used a crocheted runner/doily.





My favorite little vintage style sled painted aqua graces the center of the table.  In the background, in front of the windows, you can see my little Christmas tree in a red transferware bowl sitting on an antique wicker table with an oak top.



Aqua lantern from Pier I this summer, shiney bright from my mom, my son's baby cup holding cinnamon sticks.




A miniture of the large sleigh.......so cute !!!




An old brown crockery tea pot with a vent hole in the center of the knob on top......













Mercury glass ornie from TJM last year.....love the sparkle!!!


12 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Cleo, Your winter table is so pretty. I love your vintage sled in the middle. I love looking at the old things. Some bring back memories of a childhood and some bring back memories of how we celebrated back then. I appreciate your visiting right now. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers your Missouri Friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cleo1 Oh, I love your pretty table! I agree with Shirley - I love that darling little sled as your centerpiece. Your dishes are beautiful, love the crocheted piece! It's just beautiful. Thanks for popping in to see me and I think your suggestion about not painting is the best.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What an exiting table! Love the color combination. Pretty bowl of copper ornaments, and your centerpiece sled with trees is wonderful. That is one gorgeous ladle! Your beautiful dishes are perfect for winter, and I'm loving a dark underlayer this year too. Shows off the pretty linens! (Love the great comment you left!) Happy Christmas!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Hi Cleo, Your table is beautiful! I love the little touches and details. Thanks for sharing.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Hi - love the coppery ornaments with the touches of aqua on your table - the sled is adorable. Beautiful setting! Thanks for stopping by and I am pleased to meet a blogging neighbor - there aren't too many of us in this area. Happy Holidays!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Cleo. Your tablescape is so pretty. Love the color combination and the beautiful china. Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my blog. I appreciate them and hope you had a wonderful weekend..Judy

Unknown said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous table. That sled is amazing! I love the tree in the bowl too! Your touches of aqua are so pretty with the brown. Love the snowflake napkin rings, the candle holder, those aqua bells! Well, I love all of it! You out-did yourself with this one! Just beautiful!!! Oh, and thanks for always stopping by and leaving your sweet comments!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cleo! I hope you're all ready for Christmas, can you believe it's almost here?
Thanks for popping in and have a wonderful Christmas,
Shelia ;)

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

I love your table! Very pretty and well put together!

Thanks so much for stopping by The Cozy Old Farmhouse and taking the time to comment, it means so much to me! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a very happy New Year!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

You made a great choice, it is an asset to your lovely table. The holiday season us a time to treat ourselves as well as others. Good for you!

The Tablescaper said...

What a beautiful table. I love both sleds! Wonderful to have you be at Christmases Past at Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Cleo, I am in love with your table...the soft colors and those adorable sleighs....LOVE them!