Friday, September 22, 2017

Autumn

As each changing season approaches, I say to myself......'why not decorate in neutrals as so many in blogland are doing'???  Then I look to Nature and see that there are not many neutrals out there!!!  I see greens, oranges, reds, faded rose and purple, brown and beiges.  So, self says to me.......'just not your style'......

Autumn is my fav season and I am embracing all that it offers!!  Here is my cherry hutch in the living room, my starting off point for this glorious time of year!!

  I cleaned the drapes and lace curtains, too bright without the drapes!!!

So here we are with it all put back to normal......



 I love these tiny pears.....the cups are ironstone Baptimal cups, English, 1800s.
 Seed balls and yellow ware mold in rice bowl.
Small  nappy holding antique velvet chick.........


 Chestnuts are so much a part of my Italian heritage.......I remember being so excited when we first had them in the Fall, roasted or boiled!!


 Yellow ware egg separator with dried pomegranate.......

 These are small custard cups and pudding bowls, collected over time......



1 comment:

Gina said...

It's so nice to see all your little treasures displayed on your hutch, Cleo. It all looks pretty! I'm with you, I love neutrals, but when it comes to Fall, I really enjoy those beautiful rich tones!