Friday, January 25, 2013

January

January, what a great month!!!  No demands, no expectations, time to get a fresh start, not in a rush, relax and embrace winter.........    And what a great winter it is!!!!  We've had a wonderful new snow fall and big fluffy lake effect snow today.........got some pics standing in my front door....



These are the purple cone flower centers......love how the snow piles on their tops!!!  The birds come and eat the seeds too.....

A perfect winter morning for a hot breakfast of oatmeal and hot cocoa....so I got out my flow blue and set the table for one!!  The Stewart plaid tablecloth is still on the table for winter, nice and cheery, then I added the placemat and napkin with roosters from K Mart.........






This china pot holds hot water for the oatmeal and cocoa.....



Its not too often I can get great pictures in the dining room, the windows face north, but today the sun was reflecting nicely off the new snow and the room was so bright!!!







Faux roses and berries.......thanks for stopping by......


7 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

You got snow! We had some sleet today, but no snow. Your snowy pictures are so pretty and your tablescape too!
Thanks so much for visiting...
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Cindy

Shirley said...

Hi Cleo, You can keep your snow. They are predicting rain for here tomorrow. I just hope it stays above freezing while I go see hubby. I enjoyed catching up with your post and I always love all of your pretty dishes. Snow pictures make pretty picture puzzles. Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Custom Comforts said...

What a pretty snow and a pretty table you have set. Just perfect for this snowy weather we're enjoying.
Cindy

Diane said...

I so envy the snow, but I sort of envy those cute, cute place mats and napkins! Lovely table!!

Debbi said...

lovely just lovely Cleo! Hey you need to share this post on etsy cottage style blog---it is a cottage style entertaining party this week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cleo! Oh, look at the beautiful snow!! I love your table setting and I'm all over those sweet placemats and napkins. I have an embroidery pattern almost like those little chicks...hummm.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

we three dogs and me said...

Just looked at your post. love the place mat and napkins. Did you make them? Plaid is a favorite and the pop of blue. Thanks for comment. I missed you all.