Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bookends

I forgot that I took pics of the bookends I made last week!!!  These are so cute.....used linen fabric for the fronts that I stamped with Italian poetry, sayings and Pisa stamp.....backs are a plaid homespun....but you could use whatever fabric matches your decor.   They measure 4" by 6" with a 1/2" seam inside and filled with tiny fish tank gravel......you could use other fillers, but I wanted to make sure they were heavy enough to hold the books.....tell me what you think....








5 comments:

Live Better For Less said...

So creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Cleo,
What a clever idea! And very cute too!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Sonya

Gina said...

They are so cute & quite the clever idea! Of course all the Italian sayings make me love them even more.

Unknown said...

What a darling idea! They look great!
Tracey

My Notting Hill said...

This is a great idea. A great alternative too in a young child's room.