Monday, May 23, 2011

My Whites

White seems to be so popular nowadays.....I like it in the farmhouse style, it speaks of simplicity, honesty, and just plain wholesomeness.....if that's even a word!!!  However, it is not for me, I prefer color....but I do have a few pieces and they called to me to make a cool and serene tablescape for early summer......









I added it to the buffet-scape from Spring, and changed things up a bit!!!  Love the aqua/blue pieces with it and then I added yellow and some purple....






The shakers are blue milkglass, even though they are an aqua color, they still call it blue!!!  The large one is a muffineer for sugar, in the quilted phlox pattern.  The large white platter was my grandmother's and used for homemade macaroni......vintage bottles in the mix.....and shells from JoAnn's, I am no where close to a beach!!!






 Another muffineer with bird, sand and insects, also milk glass......



Marble eggs on ironstone compote....



This beautiful hand made pottery pitcher was a gift from my daughter....the colors are just perfect with this setting!!!


 Don't know if I am satisfied with this scape yet....I put in some twisted sheer ribbon to add some softness, and will probably continue to mess with it all week until I am crazy!!!!  Joining Marty......stop by.....

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh, everything is so lovely! You're really set up a pretty tablescape on your wonderful sideboard. Those pretty little turquoise pieces are so unusual - I love those! Gotta love the shells too!
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me,
Shelia ;)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

the colors are all so pretty together

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Great colors and a very pretty vignette! Lovin' the great S&P's:@)

rosarod said...

There is harmony in the decoration, the shells of the beautiful blue sea and the different accessories created a cool decoration, Rose Marie

Gina said...

Your buffet looks so pretty all summered up! I love this vignette. The colors are great & love the shells too.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love, love, love your vignette. So many lovely things to see and you've displayed them beautifully. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty