Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yellowware

I have been Spring cleaning, its finally been warm enough to have the windows open and freshen things up a bit.......these pieces are on the top of my kitchen cabinets and part of my very favorite collection of yellowware and some spongeware.  It gets a bit dingy up there from all the cooking and baking going on around here, so I only keep washable pieces up there, and now they are shiney bright again!!!



You can see a part of the new valence I made using dish toweling you buy by the yard, it is a cherry red plaid on natural.  Also made the matching one for the dining room.



My kitchen is very small, but I do love it, and it is still my very favorite room.......can't show you the whole room because there is just sooooooo much stuff in there!!!!

8 comments:

sonya said...

Hi Cleo!
I love your valance. It makes me miss my red kitchen! And when I had my red kitchen-I had tons and tons of stuff! Too much.;) But I loved it anyway.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sonya

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Great yellow ware and I love your new valance-enjoy:@)

Gina said...

You have so many pretty pieces up on your cupboards. You new valance looks great...makes me wish I could sew!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your displays. You have such lovely accessories and they look wonderful in your vignettes. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Brandy J. said...

I just found your blog and am your newest follower! Your spring dishes are beautiful. Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration.

Poppy said...

Good morning Cleo, I love how your kitchen looks so bright and cheerful and the red valance looks so pretty.. what a great idea to use dishtowels. Thank you for your sweet comment earlier. Have a nice day!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Shelia said...

Hi Cleo! OH, I love all your pretties above your cabinets! Sure wish I had a space like this.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kuki... said...

Isn't it funny how we all seem to gravitate towards our kitchens as our favorite rooms...such comfort they provide!